“I’d just as soon play tennis with the net down.” Robert Frost
We all have different ways of relaxing, letting our hair down, and socialising. Some of us enjoy vigorous exercise whilst others prefer more gentle pursuits. Some have wide social circles, whilst others are more isolated. Whether we play with the net up or down we all have different ways of spending our leisure time.
Here we want to share our pastimes and recreational activities to reflect the diverse nature of disabled people, older people and carers in Dorset. We think that it will become a useful resource for people to get inspiration and find information on the wide range of activities that are available to us locally. Please contact us to share your experience.
Fit For Life
Welcome to Fit For Life, a resource that inspires disabled and older people to take up exercise.
We are making a series of inspiring short films for the website, along with articles and a growing list of activities and contact details. We are covering a broad spectrum of exercise, sport and recreational activities focusing on exercise for health and happiness rather than competitive sport.
Latest Fit For Life News
Other Leisure Films
please DIAL Access Dorset: 01202 430113
- Indoor Disability Cricket Coaching Friday 4:30 – 5:30 £2.50 per week Ferndown Leisure Centre, Cherry Grove, Ferndown 01202 877468 For more information either email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Read more
- Access Dorset member & citizen journalist Kelvin wanted to add to our ‘Fit For Life’ project by telling the story ... Read more
- There is now a great new opportunity to come and join in with this new weekly drop in session. Booking ... Read more
- Ferndown Leisure Centre has been making great efforts to be accessible and inclusive. Watch this video to see some of ... Read more
- This Sunday is National Paralympic Day. To mark the event British Shooting have arranged a number of taster days. In ... Read more
- By Terry Dennis. For many years now it has been recognised that taking part in some regular exercise is essential for ... Read more
- By Tam Gilbert. I’d always heard how good JST voyages were, so last summer I decided to take the plunge and ... Read more